The OHC is holding public hearings across the province. All individuals who access or work in health care, or the organizations representing them, are invited to attend and submit oral or written submissions on reforming Ontario’s hospitals in the public interest.
*Please note: In order to assist, OPSEU will distribute a template submission, which can be used as a guide. Please keep in mind, however, that the OHC is eager to hear about your local and personal experiences with the health care system and the challenges you and your colleagues face on the front lines when it comes to providing quality patient care. You are the experts on the ground!
Your input will be used to help create a report, which will be released publicly in the fall. The OHC also plans to use the recommendations from the hearings to measure the political parties’ health care plans leading into next spring’s provincial election.
The OHC wants to hear your ideas about:
- gaps in services
- improving access to care
- funding for Ontario’s hospitals
- improving quality of care
- improving public access to information and meaningful public input
- improving public ownership and democratic control
- the impacts of privatization in your community
- re-integrating services into public hospitals
- ensuring hospitals serve our communities: rural and urban, of diverse age, with cultural sensitivity and respect for our communities’ diversities
- workplace safety
- other public interest issues
For more, check out the full article on the OPSEU website.