From the newsletter:
"The division is dedicated to promoting recognition of the scope, practice, and professional responsibilities of RPNs. We will work to advance demands for bargaining and workload issues that would apply to all RPNs, in all parts of Ontario, and in every sector in which they work.
Give us your feedback! We can build a stronger newsletter only if we hear from you and the issues that matter most to registered practical nurses. We are committed to building a stronger division within OPSEU...
These are a few of the issues we have identified for improvement:
- Wage improvements based on the recognition of the full scope of work done by RPNs;
- Workload issues;
- Health and safety in the workplace;
- Across the board recognition of the full scope of our work, regardless of sector;
- Greater participation by RPNs in decisions made by employers that determine at what level we practice within the scope, and
- More opportunities for professional development."
Check out the first RPN Occupational Division newsletter here: https://opseu.org/news/rpn-report-newsletter-opseu-rpns