In addition to these executive positions, we will also be electing our Sargent-At-Arms and Trustees for the next two years. Anyone can stand for these positions (except that Trustees cannot hold any other office in the Local).
Then once those positions are filled we will move on to the bargaining team.
Our Collective Agreement is up again this coming March 31, 2019 and so it is time to select our Bargaining Team. The team consists of 5 members and we also elect 2 alternates in the event a member of the team is unable to remain throughout the entire process.
Role as a Bargaining team member:
- Do your homework (on member demands, knowing current collective agreement, on factors affecting the bargaining)
- Keep yourself healthy and balanced during times of high stress and inactivity in bargaining
- Maintain confidentiality
- Keep current on trends affecting bargaining
- Actively listen to views different from your own; participate in constructive debate to build consensus.
- Help address conflicts that arise.
- Help prepare proposals, evaluate offers, discuss concerns, identify realistic priorities
- Maintain communication with members about meeting schedules and general progress (not specifics)
If you want to stand for one of these positions but can't attend the September 19th meeting, you can use the nomination form. Also, if you know someone who would be excellent in one of these positions and they can't attend, you can also use the nomination form. Both the person being nominated, and the person doing the nomination have to sign the form and it needs to be at the meeting before it starts at 6pm for the nomination to be included. Once the form is complete and signed, you can email it to email@example.com and we'll ensure your nomination is put to the floor.
See you at 6pm on Wednesday September 19th.